Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Cycle Continues


First off, I apologize for the disappearance. I could blame the power rationing, but I will just be honest and say that I haven't been able to narrow down exactly what I want to say. The past week has been filled with everything from seeing monstrous crocodiles at the Serengeti to taking communal showers in a village. When electricity and brain power permit I will blog on that, but for now a short video of the missionary kids here in Mwanza.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEZBjauN1Xo


Once upon a time I was a drooling in awe of Chiang Mai summer interns. Jessica, Ann, Haley, Heather, Jennifer, Doug, Jody, Jeff, ect. They were the coolest thing since sliced bread (how did that ever become a saying?) They taught my brother to moon walk and hosted exciting sleep overs. Then they would leave to go back to life and we'd wait for the next summer's stock. Sometimes we'd run into old interns in the States and they would do the whole "I knew you when you were this tall" spiel. As a child I vowed never to spiel upon poor MKs when I grew up, but now I am embracing my fate (and place) in this missionary cycle. I will definitely be ooo-ing and ahh-ing over the kids on the Mwanza team as they grow up.


Last Sunday morning I showed the Mwanza team kids the Mother's Day video the Thailand MK team made a couple years ago. I told the kiddos that we were making a thank you video for their parents- but we never got past saying parent names because there was a tent pileup and xylophone duet going on in the background. Filming anything in a room full of ten children is a difficult task. This short clip is the outcome of the Thank You attempt. It sure does capture the moment.


   


This whole growing up thing is really tripping me out. I once was that small...and now I've turned into the summer intern? It is seriously blowing my mind! 


Tiny note to Thailand MKs: 
Butter and Yam- the kids here can't believe that those are your real names. I have had question upon question asking why you were named that. Even at the dinner table they will randomly talk about how funny you two are.
Ben- They think you're funny, "a bucket of love."

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, you are the cutest thing ever. Remember when you were such a baby with those squishy cheeks? And look at you now. Seeing you grow into the woman you are now is one of the great joys of my life. We love you and are so immensely proud of how that spiritually-minded, intense, confident little girl became a spiritually-minded, intense, confident woman. I pray my own girls will have as much sassiness and joy as you, Asia Joy!

    Love you,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete